Terms and Conditions.
Each Purchase Order placed by buyer for goods and/or services is subject to these standard purchase terms and the terms of the applicable Purchase Order, and is conditional upon Supplier’s agreement to such terms. Supplier shall be deemed to have agreed to be bound by such terms by accepting the Purchase Order, delivering the goods, and/or performing the services.
- “Agreement” means the agreement between Supplier and Buyer for the purchase and sale of Goods and/or Services.
- “Supplier” means the Board of Directors of the BIWA BINER DIGIT PT.
- “Deliverable” means any deliverable or other product or result from Services that is referred to in a Purchase Order, and any related materials, data, documentation, and includes any Intellectual Property Rights developed by Supplier pursuant to such Purchase Order.
- “Delivery Date” means the date of delivery for Goods or performance of Services as specified in a Purchase Order.
- “Delivery Point” means the location identified by Buyer in the Purchase Order to which the Supplier is to deliver Goods and/or perform the services, or such other delivery area or point which is specified in writing by Buyer.
- “Goods” means the goods that are required to be delivered by Supplier pursuant to a Purchase Order, and include all materials, component parts, packaging and labelling of such goods.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all intellectual and industrial property rights and rights of a similar nature including all rights in and to, patents including all issued patents and pending applications therefore and patents which may be issued therefrom (including divisions, reissues, re-examinations, continuations and continuations-in-part); trade-marks; copyrights; industrial design rights; rights pertaining to trade secrets and confidential information; publicity rights; personality rights; moral rights; and other intellectual property rights whether registered or not and all applications, registrations, renewals and extensions pertaining to the foregoing.
- “Purchase Order” means the purchase order between Buyer and Supplier for the purchase and sale of Goods and/or Services, to which these Standard Purchase Terms are attached or are incorporated by reference.
- “Services” means any services to be provided by Supplier to Buyer pursuant to a Purchase Order.
- “Specifications” means the requirements, attributes and specifications for the Goods or Services that are set out in the applicable Purchase Order. Specifications also include: (a) documentation published by Supplier relating to the Goods or Services; (b) operational and technical features and functionality of the Goods or Services; (c) standards or levels of service performance for Services; and (d) Buyer business requirements that are expressly set out in a Purchase Order.
- “Supplier” means the party indicated on the face page of the Purchase Order that is contracting with Buyer for the purchase and sale of Goods and/or Services.
- “Supplier Proposal” means any acknowledgement, estimate, quote, offer to sell, invoice, or proposal of Supplier relating to the supply of Goods and/or Services to Buyer, including any delivered in connection with a request for quotations, request for proposal or similar process initiated by Buyer.
- “Warranty Period” means in respect of any Goods or Services, the longer of: (i) the express written warranty period provided by Supplier for the Goods or Services; and (ii) the period commencing on the date of Acceptance of such Goods or Services and ending on the date that is one (1) year from that date.
The Agreement consists only of: (a) these Standard Purchase Terms; (b) the applicable Purchase Order; and (c) any Specifications or other documents expressly referenced in the Purchase Order. Any reference in the Purchase Order to any Supplier Proposal is solely for the purpose of incorporating the descriptions and specifications of the Goods and/or Services contained in the Proposal, and only to the extent that the terms of the Supplier Proposal do not conflict with the descriptions and Specifications set out in the Purchase Order. Buyer’s acceptance of, or payment for, Goods and/or Services will not constitute Buyer’s acceptance of any additional or different terms in any Supplier Proposal, unless otherwise accepted in writing by Buyer. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the documents constituting the Agreement, then unless otherwise expressly provided, the documents will rank in the order of precedence in accordance with the order in which they are listed in this Section 2.
- Supplier agrees to supply and deliver the Goods to Buyer and to perform the Services, as applicable, on the terms set out in this Agreement.
- Supplier shall, at its own expense, pack, load, and deliver Goods to the Delivery Point and in accordance with the invoicing, delivery terms, shipping, packing, and other instructions printed on the face of the Purchase Order or otherwise provided to Supplier by Buyer in writing. No charges will be allowed for freight, transportation, insurance, shipping, storage, handling, demurrage, cartage, packaging or similar charges unless provided for in the applicable Purchase Order or otherwise agreed to in writing by Buyer.
- Time is of the essence with respect to delivery of the Goods and performance of Services. Goods shall be delivered and Services performed by the applicable Delivery Date. Supplier must immediately notify Buyer if Supplier is likely to be unable to meet a Delivery Date. At any time prior to the Delivery Date, Buyer may, upon notice to Supplier, cancel or change a Purchase Order, or any portion thereof, for any reason, including, without limitation, for the convenience of Buyer or due to failure of Supplier to comply with this Agreement, unless otherwise noted.
- Title and risk of loss or damage shall pass to Buyer upon receipt of Goods at the Delivery Point, unless otherwise agreed to by the Buyer in writing. Buyer has no obligation to obtain insurance while Goods are in transit from Supplier to the Delivery Point.
- Supplier shall follow all instructions of Buyer and cooperate with Buyer’s customs broker as directed by Buyer (including by providing requested shipping documentation) with respect to all Goods that originate from sources or suppliers based outside Indonesia. Supplier shall comply with all the requirements of the Indonesia Border Services Agency (or any successor organization) with respect to the importation of Goods from outside Indonesia.
- All shipments of Goods and performance of Services shall be subject to Buyer’s right of inspection. Buyer shall have ninety (90) days (the “Inspection Period“) following the delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point or performance of the Services to undertake such inspection, and upon such inspection Buyer shall either accept the Goods or Services (“Acceptance“) or reject them. Buyer shall have the right to reject any Goods that are delivered in excess of the quantity ordered or are damaged or defective. In addition, Buyer shall have the right to reject any Goods or Services that are not in conformance with the Specifications or any term of this Agreement. Transfer of title to Buyer of Goods shall not constitute Buyer’s Acceptance of those Goods. Buyer shall provide Supplier within the Inspection Period notice of any Goods or Services that are rejected, together with the reasons for such rejection. If Buyer does not provide Supplier with any notice of rejection within the Inspection Period, then Buyer will be deemed to have provided Acceptance of such Goods or Services. Buyer’s inspection, testing, or Acceptance or use of the Goods or Services hereunder shall not limit or otherwise affect Supplier’s warranty obligations hereunder with respect to the Goods or Services, and such warranties shall survive inspection, test, Acceptance and use of the Goods or Services.
- Buyer shall be entitled to return rejected Goods to Supplier at Supplier’s expense and risk of loss for, at Buyer’s option, either: (i) full credit or refund of all amounts paid by Buyer to Supplier for the rejected Goods; or (ii) replacement Goods to be received within the time period specified by Buyer. Title to rejected Goods that are returned to Supplier shall transfer to Supplier upon such delivery and such Goods shall not be replaced by Supplier except upon written instructions from Buyer. Supplier shall not deliver Goods that were previously rejected on grounds of non-compliance with this Agreement, unless delivery of such Goods is approved in advance by Buyer, and is accompanied by a written disclosure of Buyer’s prior rejection(s).
- Product Warranties. Supplier warrants to Buyer that during the Goods Warranty Period all Goods provided hereunder shall be: (i) of merchantable quality; (ii) fit for the purposes intended; (iii) unless otherwise agreed to by Buyer, new; (iv) free from defects in design, material and workmanship; (v) in strict compliance with the Specifications; (vi) free from any liens or encumbrances on title whatsoever; (vii) in conformance with any samples provided to Buyer; and (viii) compliant with all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws, regulations, standards, and codes.
- Service Warranties. Supplier shall perform all Services: (i) exercising that degree of professionalism, skill, diligence, care, prudence, judgment, and integrity which would reasonably be expected from a skilled and experienced service provided providing services under the same or similar circumstances as the Services under this Agreement; (ii) in accordance with all Specifications and all Buyer policies, guidelines, by-laws and codes of conduct applicable to Supplier; and (iii) using only personnel with the skills, training, expertise, and qualifications necessary to carry out the Services. Buyer may object to any of the Supplier’s personnel engaged in the performance of Services who, in the reasonable opinion of Buyer, are lacking in appropriate skills or qualifications, engage in misconduct, constitute a safety risk or hazard or are incompetent or negligent, and the Supplier shall promptly remove such personnel from the performance of any Services upon receipt of such notice, and shall not re-employ the removed person in connection with the Services without the prior written consent of Buyer.
- Intellectual Property Warranty. Supplier further warrants to Buyer that at all times all Goods and or Services (including any Deliverables) will not be in violation of or infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any person.
- Manufacturer Warranties. Supplier shall assign to Buyer all manufacturer’s warranties for Goods not manufactured by or for Supplier, and shall take all necessary steps as required by such third party manufacturers to effect assignment of such warranties to Buyer.
- In the event of breach of any of the warranties in Section a or 9.b, and without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Buyer (including Buyer’s indemnification rights hereunder), Supplier will, at Buyer’s option and Supplier’s expense, refund the purchase price for, or correct or replace the affected Goods, or re-perform the affected Services, within 10 day(s) after notice by Buyer to Supplier of warranty breach. All associated costs, including costs of re-performance, costs to inspect the Goods and/or Services, transport the Goods from Buyer to Supplier, and return shipment to Buyer, and costs resulting from supply chain interruptions, will be borne by Supplier. If Goods are corrected or replaced or Services are re-performed, the warranties in Section 9.a will continue as to the corrected or replaced Goods for a further Goods Warranty Period commencing on the date of Acceptance of the corrected or replaced Goods by Buyer. If Supplier fails to repair or replace the Product within the time periods required above, Buyer may repair or replace the Goods at Supplier’s expense.
- In the event that any Goods provided by Supplier to Buyer are subject to a claim or allegation of infringement of Intellectual Property Rights of a third party, Supplier shall, at its own option and expense, without prejudice to any other right or remedy of Buyer (including Buyer’s indemnification rights hereunder), promptly provide Buyer with a commercially reasonable alternative, including the procurement for Buyer of the right to continue using the Goods in question, the replacement of such Goods with a non-infringing alternative satisfactory to Buyer, or the modification of such Goods (without affecting functionality) to render them non-infringing.